The Electrochemical Society of India, ECSI in short, has been in existence on the IISc Campus for over 60 years. It is a Professional Society to provide a platform for discussions in the area of Electrochemistry, Corrosion, Batteries, Coatings, Electroplating and forming, and other electrochemical science and technology areas.
A significant activity of ECSI is the publication of the Journal of the Electrochemical Society of India, (JECSI) which is presently completing 60 years of continuous publication.
Annual Technical Meetings organized by the Society during the month of August every year have been very popular among research workers. A special feature of these meetings is the encouragement given to students and teachers.
Membership is open to Individuals and Institutions in different categories: Individual, Industrial, Corporate, Life Members, Donor, Patron and Student. Those desirous of becoming members write to the Hon. General Secretary.
The Society awards the following in recognition of merit in the area of Electrochemical Science and Technology:
1. S. K. Sheshadri Memorial MASCOT Award in Corrosion
2. N. M. Sampat Award in Metal Finishing
3. Best paper award in Corrosion for the paper adjudged to be the best in each calendar year
ECSI organizes the following special lectures to honour persons connected with the Society
1. Prof. T. L. Rama Char Memorial Lecture
2. Prof. B. S. Sheshadri Memorial Lecture
3. Dr. S. Krishnamurthy Memorial Lecture
4. Prof. S. M. Mayanna Endowment Lecture
The Society has a collection of over 3000 books in various fields of Electrochemical Science and Technology. Members may visit the library and make use of the books.